- 300g Flour tenero tipo “0” (all white or 1/2 wholewheat)
- 100g sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- rind of one orange/lemon
- 100g dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 100g whole unpeeled almonds
- Mix 5 mins
- Rest 0 hours
- Bake 30 mins
- Cool 10 mins
- Ready to eat in … 45 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate and almonds into a bowl and mix by hand to create a wet dough.
- Add chocolate chips and almonds and mix to combine.
- Lightly flour some greaseproof paper, and empty mixture onto the sheet
- Divide into three and roll out three even sausage shapes of dough.
- Space these evenly on the greaseproof paper and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees. Then remove from oven. Turn down temperature to 160 degrees. Meanwhile cut biscuits into 2cm slices.
- Put cut biscuits back on baking tray on their side and bake for another 10 mins. Then turn off oven and leave to cool in oven, or if already nice and golden remove and cool on wire rack.