Do you like fresh local produce, would like to learn how the locals shop in Italy? Like to learn about local food producers and regional food?
Join Katie to explore the wonderful Como Produce market, meet the local farmers & sample their produce, local fish, meats, salamis, hams, wonderful selections of Cheese and of course fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables from Como province.
Private Tour details:
- Market days are Tuesday and Thursday
- Tours start at 9 am (advance booking required)
- Meeting point: Como centre location (emailed in the booking confirmation)
- Duration: approx 4 hours
- Distance to walk in total: 1.5km
- Minimum group size: 2
- Maximum group size: 8
- Weather condition: rain or shine
- Vegetarian friendly (please email us in advance if you have any specific intolerances/diets)
- What you should bring: a bottle of water, comfortable shoes
What’s included ?
- Katie will be your private guide, she is english speaking, knowledgeable & a Como local, who loves meeting food lovers
- Meet with local passionate food producers
- An introduction to Como’s & Northern Italian Cuisine
- Purchase a selection of local produce
- Return to Katie’s Kitchen to prepare a light lunch using the ingredients purchased during the market tour
- Lunch accompanied by local wines & Dessert
- An email summary of the tour including recipes.