- 450g Farina di Semola
- 3g fresh yeast
- 5g honey
- 300g warm water
- 10g salt
- Mix 5 mins
- Rest 8-12 hours
- Bake 40 mins
- Cool 20 mins
- Ready to eat in … 13 hours 5 mins
- In a small bowl, mix together the yeast, sugar and some of the water to make nice wet paste and dissolves the fresh yeast.
- In a large bowl place the flour and salt, and make a well in the centre. Pour in the wet yeast mixture and slowly add the rest of the water. Stir together with a wooden spoon until gently combined, then finish by kneading the dough inside the bowl to clean any flour from the edges of the bowl.
- Empty the dough onto a floured work surface and knead gentle for 5 mins.
- Flour a large bowl, then plop the dough in. Then cover the bowl in plastic wrap and cover with at towel. Place the bowl in a warm spot and allow it to rise for 8-12 hours.
- Remove bowl, and preheat your oven to 250 degrees, with your empty casserole dish inside.
- Flour your hands, and shape the dough into a round loaf, carefully place inside the hot casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 mins.
- Remove casserole lid and Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown..
- Remove and place the bread on a cooling rack and allow it to cool down for a minimum of 20 minutes.