- This event has passed.
Fresh Traditional Pasta Class
June 22, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
My husband Dario comes from Sicily, where the first pastas were made with Semola and no eggs. I thought it was time to have a class with some of my husbands favourite dishes from the south. What better way to warm up a cold winters day then preparing some delicious food from the warm south of Italy!
This class is inspired by the cuisine from the beautiful area of Trapani in the north western part of Sicily.
What we will Prepare:
- Sicilian Semola Pasta dough by hand
- Hand Shape the “Busiate” pasta with a ‘Busa’ or wooden stick
- Pesto Trapanese (Almonds, Tomatoes, Basil & Pecorino)
- Reginelle Sesame seed biscuits – perfect for dipping in Passito
- Cannoli filled with fresh ricotta and orange rind , chocolate or pistachio
Once our work is done, we’ll sit down to savour our beautiful creations for our lunch with selected regional wines, salads, dessert and coffees.
Come and immerse yourself in Healthy Italian cooking and culture. All our classes take place in my home in the centre of Como. Join us to Cook & Eat like a local.
We like to keep our class sizes small so we can ensure a very hands on cooking experience, and places are limited so Book Now!