- This event has passed.
Pasta Madre (Sourdough) Bread Workshop
June 7, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 1:30 pm
Join us for a fun and creative Baking Workshop & Lunch.
Come and learn the secrets of making easy and healthy sourdough bread at home. Learn why the ancient Italian tradition of using “Pasta Madre” or sourdough starter (wild yeast only) is so much more healthy way to make bread than using commercial yeast.
Join Katie in her beautiful home in Como for a morning in her kitchen learning the secrets of making excellent slowly fermented Organic Sourdough, and use this process to make Delicious Organic Sourdough Artisan Loaves.
Katie uses only true ‘Pasta Madre’, a Starter made from only Organic Flour and water, and a slow fermentation process to allow her sourdough to slowly rise overnight and create delicious crusty wholesome loaves, beautifully easily, at home.
We will learn how to :
- Create & maintain your very own Sourdough Starter – Easily!
- Choose and work with different organic flour
- Prepare and work with different bread doughs
- Slow fermentation process
- Shape and score loaves
- Baking tricks for domestic ovens to ensure a perfect crust!
What sourdough breads we will prepare
- Raisin & Walnut Baton
- Crunchy Artisan Seeded Boule
- 4 different types of Neapolitan Sourdough Pizza for lunch
Come and immerse yourself in Healthy Italian cooking and culture.
We like to keep our class sizes small so we can ensure a very hands on cooking experience, and places are limited so Book Now!
09:15 Meet and Greet, Coffee time and chat about recipes we will use.
09:30 Aprons on time to cook!
– Show method to prepare and maintain Pasta Madre / Sourdough starter
– Prepare our first bread dough using sourdough starter
– Learn how to shape loaves and boules of bread and when and how to add seeds and flavours
– Show best baking methods to bake perfect bread in domestic oven
12:00 Prepare Sourdough Pizzas for lunch
12:30 Lunchtime “A Tavola” served with local wines and Salad for perfect Italian “Pranzo”
13:30 End – Time to pack your bread to bring home!