- This event has passed.
Pasta & Gnocchi Class
October 12, 2018 @ 9:15 am - 1:00 pm
Come join Katie in her beautiful home for our Fresh Organic Pasta & Gnocchi making classes.
Katie will show you how to prepare some delicious hand made pasta. We start with the best organic flour & eggs for our dough to prepare classic fresh egg pasta. Once we have prepared our dough we will then have lots of fun rolling the dough out and watching as the dough is turned magically into wonderful Tagliatelle.
Then we will prepare by hand lovely traditional potato Gnocchi, using the best selected potatoes and organic flour and eggs. We will learn how to make the dough, how to shape the Gnocchi and make the signature indentations on each one.
Once our Pasta & Gnocchi have been rolled and shaped we will leave it to rest. Then we will prepare the perfect sauce to go with each pasta we make, using fresh autumnal ingredients, such as pumpkin & Rocket. After that, we will learn to how make a delectable dessert to follow it, Pear Gelato, made using fresh seasonal Italian pears. Served with dark chocolate sauce toasted sliced almonds.
Once our work is done, we’ll sit down to savour our creations with some local wines and unwind. Come and immerse yourself in Italian cooking and culture. Groups will be small, so places are limited.
Classes cost from €55 per person according to group size. Class fee includes a full lunch with prosecco, regional wines, dessert and coffee.
We will learn how to :
- Make Fresh Egg Pasta Dough
- Use Pasta Maker to roll out sheets pasta
- Shape and Dry Tagliatelle
- Store/Dry/Freeze your fresh pasta
- Prepare Dough for Classic Gnocchi
- Shape and score Gnocchi
- Prepare Seasonal Sauces for Tagliatelle & Gnocchi
- Make Italian Gelato & Differences between Ice Cream and Gelato
09:15 Meet and Greet, Coffee time and chat about recipes we will use.
09:30 Aprons on time to cook!
– Show method to prepare Fresh egg Pasta dough
– Prepare our tagliatelle, shape, & hang to dry
– Make Gnocchi dough from fresh potatoes & flour
– Roll & Shape Gnocchi
– Make sauces for our final dishes
– Prepare Gelato & chocolate sauce for our dessert
12:00 Lunch time – a Tavola!
13:00 Home time