During our Pizza cooking classes, we have been making lots and lots of yummy Neapolitan pizza dough. But one household can only eat so much pizza in one week! So here are my tips on how to freeze pizza dough easily so you can have a homemade pizza quickly at home.
1. Prepare the pizza dough and let it rise as usual.
2. Form the dough into individual balls, the size you would use to make one pizza.
3. Lightly coat each dough ball with dusting of flour.
4. Slide the dough ball into a ziplock freezer bag and seal, squeezing out all the air.
5. Place in the freezer and freeze for up to 3 months.
6. When ready to use, put the ball of dough in its bag in the fridge to thaw overnight or for at least 12 hours.
7. Before making the pizza, bring the dough out on the countertop and let warm up for about 1 hour, while the oven heats up, before stretching out the pizza.