This is the traditional Neapolitan Pizza Dough recipe that we use in our Cooking Class in Como, no oil, not too much salt, just perfectly elastic for gently shaping pizza by hand. Wafer thin base in the centre and bubbly crispy flexible crust.
For a healthier option you can swap out up tp 50% of the white tipo “0” flour for wholemeal flour. Try it out and let us know what your favourite toppings are!
- 500 g Tipo “00” or “0” flour
- 350 ml warm water
- 10g salt
- 3g fresh yeast or 1g dried yeast
- Mix water and the yeast together until dissolved.
- Place flour and salt together in a bowl, add the water mixture to the centre of the flour.
- Mix together using the scraper or spatula, until blended into a sticky dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 6 to 18 hours.
- Empty the dough onto a floured surface and divide into 4 portions, shape into a small ball folding the dough gently.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees celsius or 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the dough rest for 45 mins while the oven is warming up.
- Shape each ball one at a time into a pizza shape, don’t worry if it is not perfectly round, just work gently with the dough to stretch it
- into position. then place on a floured wooden pizza pallet. Add toppings and bake immediately.