Spring has sprung in Como and today I bought some beautiful bunches of these fresh beauties.
Lunchtime today the kids enjoyed a lovely homemade “Pasta con gli Asparagi”.
So easy to make, for four people, you will need 2 bunches of asparagus.
- Gently fry a clove of garlic and then add the asparagus stems.
- cook for 10 mins and then blitz with a hand blender to cream a lovely creamy sauce, add chopped speck and gentle cook for another minute.
- Boil water for the pasta and add the asparagus tips when you add 350g of pasta (penne is perfect)
- Cook according to pasta size (10 mins for penne) and drain.
- Gently stir the pasta into the pan with the sauce and serve with grated parmesan.